Move over tacos, these scallop tostadas are SO good and they're ready in less than 20 minutes!
More scallop recipes you might enjoy are Blackened Scallops with Horseradish Sauce, Green Scallop Tacos, and Grilled Scallop and Orange Kebabs with Honey-Ginger Glaze.
I love seared sea scallops, and served over guacamole drizzle with crema they are phenomenal and really easy to make. If you want to keep this low-carb, ditch the tostada shell and serve them over a salad instead!
How To Make Scallop Tostadas
More Tostada Recipes
For the Guacamole:
- 4oz1 small haas avocado
- 1/4cupdiced tomato
- 2tablespoondiced red onion
- 2teaspoonlime juice
- 2teaspoonchopped cilantro
- 1/2teaspoonkosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
For the Tostadas:
- 2tablespoonslight sour cream, thinned with 1 teaspoon fat-free milk
- 6large sea scallops, (8 ounces total) side muscle removed, rinsed and pat dry
- 1/4teaspoonkosher salt
- black pepper, to taste
- 1teaspoonunsalted butter
- 1teaspoonolive oil
- 2large corn tostada shells*
- *Read labels for gluten-free.
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl with the tomato, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper to taste.
- Season scallops with salt and black pepper. Add the butter and oil to a 12-inch skillet on high heat.Â Once the butter begins to smoke, gently add the scallops, making sure they are not touching each other. Sear the scallops for 1 1/2 minutes on each side. The scallops should have a 1/4-inch golden crust on each side while still being translucent in the center.
- Spoon the guacamole onto the tostada, top with scallops and drizzle with sour cream.