Indian Spiced Cauliflower and Potato
One of the best benefits of living in New York City is you get to taste food from around the world. Indian food is one of my favorites. Aloo Gobi is a low point vegetarian stew typically served with basmati rice and roti. This can be a main dish or a side dish, as a side dish it would feed 6. It even got two thumbs up from hubbie who is not as experimental.
Indian Spiced Cauliflower and Potato aka Aloo Gobi
- 1large cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3medium potatoes, peeled and chopped into small chunks
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 1/2tspgaram masala
- 1/2tspchili powder
- In a pot of salted water, boil potatoes for 4 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower and cook an additional 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large frying pan, heat butter on low flame and cook onions until translucent.
- Add potatoes, cauliflower and remaining spices and sautÃ for about 4 minutes.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and mix a few more minutes.