Quinoa “Fried Rice”
Quinoa makes a great alternative to rice in this quick and easy stir fry. I often make a large batch of quinoa, and keep the rest in my fridge to use throughout the week (it freezes great too). You can easily make this a main dish by adding chicken, shrimp or beef.
Quinoa "Fried Rice"
- 4cupscooked quinoa
- 8scallions, chopped
- 4clovesgarlic, minced
- 2red peppers, diced small
- 1 tomato, diced small
- 2tbsplow sodium soy sauce, for gluten free use gf tamari
- 2tspvegetable oil
- spray oil
- 3egg large whites, beaten
- 1whole large egg, beaten
- In a nonstick wok, spray oil and add the eggs and salt and cook a minute or two until done. Set aside.
- Add the remaining oil to the wok and add the scallions, peppers and garlic.
- Saute about a minute, add the tomato and stir in all the quinoa.
- Add soy sauce and stir to mix all the ingredients.
- Keep stirring a few minutes, then add cooked scrambled egg.
- Adjust soy sauce as needed to taste and mix well another 30 seconds.