Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes
Pesto Spaghetti Squash with Tomatoes ' My garden is full of basil and my favorite thing to make with it in the summer is pesto. My husband called this “squashta” since I usually make this with pasta.
Using spaghetti squash instead of pasta is a great lower carb alternative to pasta. I made the squash in the microwave so I wouldn't heat up my kitchen with these 90 degree days we are having here in New York.
How to cook Spaghetti Squash:
You can cook spaghetti squash using the microwave. Cut the squash in half length wise and scoop out the seeds and fibers. Place the squash in a microwave safe dish and cover it. Cook for 8-9 minutes ( or more if it's a larger squash). Once heated, using a fork, scoop out the flesh. You can also roast the spaghetti squash.
More Spaghetti Squash Recipes:
- Spaghetti Squash Bacon and Parmesan
- Spaghetti Squash Primavera
- One Pot Spaghetti Squash and Meat Sauce (Slow Cooker and Instant Pot)
- Spaghetti Squash Enchilada Bowls
- Spaghetti Squash Sausage Lasagna Bowls
Spaghetti Squash Pesto with Tomatoes
- 1small spaghetti squash
- 15large basil leaves
- 1small clove garlic
- 1/4cupolive oil
- salt and fresh pepper
- 1 tomato, diced
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, scoop out seeds and fibers.
- Place in a microwave safe dish and cover.
- Microwave 8-9 minutes.
- Remove from the microwave and scoop out flesh with a fork into a large bowl.
- In a small blender combine basil, garlic, olive oil, parmesan cheese, salt a pepper and puree until smooth.
- Combine pesto with two cups spaghetti squash (save any remaining squash for another recipe).
- Add tomatoes and season with additional salt and pepper.