Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken made with corn, black beans, tomatoes and seasonings ' no pre-cooking, and made with pantry staples.
This recipe has been one of the most popular recipes on tamil-recipes since I started this little blog. It's the perfect dump and go slow cooker recipe ' no pre-cooking, and made with pantry staples. It's also healthy, inexpensive and can be enjoyed so many ways. Instant Pot directions are now included!
And if you're on Weight Watchers it's now 0 Freestyle Smart Points (minus the toppings and rice).
You can top this with a little sour cream and reduced fat cheddar cheese and call it a meal, but I often serve this over cilantro lime rice or cauliflower rice. And don't forget the toppings ' chopped scallions, fresh cilantro, fat free yogurt or sour cream and cheddar are my favorites. Leftovers are great over baked nachos with reduced fat cheese and jalape's or served over greens for a Santa Fe Taco Salad. It's even great used as filling for enchiladas. Here's the basic recipe, how you use it is completely up to you!
It's also kid-friendly, freezer friendly and gluten-free. In its' honor I decided to revive it from the archives and give it some love.
Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken Freezer and Meal Prep Tips:
- To meal prep, place in microwave safe plastic or glass containers with rice, quinoa or cauliflower rice and toppings and refrigerate to reheat for the week.
- To freeze, divide and freeze in 1 cup portions in freezer safe containers for homemade freezer meals, ready anytime. Reheat by thawing overnight in the refrigerator and reheat in the microwave.
How To Make Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
And since so many are asking, although I have and love myÂ , I still love my slow cooker! I have theÂ Â (affil link). I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it's done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This slow cooker is so great, I actually own several!
More Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
- Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken
- Slow Cooker Harrisa Chicken
- Crock Pot Maple Dijon Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad
Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
- 24oz1 1/2 lbs chicken breast
- 14.4ozcan diced tomatoes with mild green chilies
- 15ozcan black beans, rinsed and drained
- 8ozfrozen corn
- 1/4cupchopped fresh cilantro
- 14.4ozcan fat free chicken broth
- 3scallions, chopped
- 1tspgarlic powder
- 1tsponion powder
- 1tspcayenne pepper, to taste
- salt to taste
- Combine chicken broth, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, scallions, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, cayenne pepper and salt in the .
- Season chicken breast with salt and lay on top.
- Cook on low for 8 - 10 hours or on high for 4 to 6 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste.
- Serve over rice or tortillas and with your favorite toppings.
- Cook high pressure 25 minutes, quick or natural release.