CrockPot Picadillo Stuffed Peppers
Crock-Pot Picadillo Stuffed Peppers
The slow cooker is the perfect appliance for making stuffed peppers, I've also included oven directions below.
When buying bell peppers for the slow cooker, I look for peppers that have flat bottoms that can stand upright on their own.
You can double the recipe to make 6, which would fit perfectly in a 6 qt slow cooker. And since so many are asking, I have theÂ . I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it's done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This crock pot is so great, I actually own two!
BTW, we love stuffed peppers in my home and I've posted other variations:
and there's even a stuffed pepper soup. Enjoy!
Crock Pot Picadillo Stuffed Peppers
- 3red bell peppers, with flat bottoms
- 1cupleft-over cooked brown rice
- 2cupsleftover crock pot picadillo
- 1/3cupreduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- Cut 1/2 inch of the tops of the bell peppers and dice fine.
- In a medium bowl combine cooked brown rice, picadillo and diced pepper tops. Stuff the peppers with the picadillo and rice filling and place upright in the crock pot.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the crock pot, cover and and cook 3 hours on HIGH -or- 4 to 6 hours on LOW.
- Just before serving, top each pepper with 2 tbsp shredded cheese, cover and leave until it melts, 2-3 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350Â°. Place peppers in an oven-proof dish, pour about 1/3 cup water in the bottom of the dish, cover and bake 50 minutes, or until the peppers become soft.
- Remove foil, top each cheese and bake uncovered 5 minutes.