Loaded Mashed Cauliflower
Cheesy Loaded Mashed Cauliflower makes a delicious low-carb, keto friendly alternative to mashed potatoes!
Low-Carb Loaded Mashed Cauliflower
Cheesy mashed cauliflower made with a touch of whipped butter, buttermilk, garlic and herbs and topped with cheese and bacon ' low-carb, low calorie and keto, but you'll swear it's totally indulgent!
A few weeks ago I stopped to eat lunch with the family at Pizzeria Uno. I ordered a burger and somehow the waiter talked me into getting the loaded mashed potatoes ' OMG! Yes, it was a moment of weakness but some of my best ideas come from those moments. This version is so so good, lower in carbs, gluten-free, Keto and makes the perfect side dish to any meal.
How to make mashed cauliflower:
Mashed cauliflower is a great low-carb, lower calorie alternative to mashed potatoes. To make it, boil the cauliflower until tender then puree with an immersion blender along with buttermilk, milk or dairy-free milk. You can add chives, garlic, sour cream and butter.
If you don't have buttermilk you can use a little milk and sour cream in it's place.
More Cauliflower Recipes:
- Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash with Kale (Low-Carb Colcannon)
- Cauliflower Fried Rice
- Cauliflower Tots
- Creamy Roasted Cauliflower Chowder
Loaded Cauliflower "Mash" Bake
- 4slicescenter cut bacon
- 6cupsabout 24 oz cauliflower florets
- 3clovescrushed garlic
- 1/3cup1% buttermilk
- 1tablespoonwhipped butter
- 3/4tspkosher salt
- fresh black pepper, to taste
- 2tablespoonsminced fresh chives, divided
- 1/4cupshredded reduced fat shredded cheddar
- Cook the bacon in a skillet until crisp; set aside on a paper towel then crumble.
- Fill a large pot with water, bring to a boil and add cauliflower and garlic. Boil until the cauliflower is soft, about 15-20 minutes. Drain, and return to the pot.
- Preheat the oven to 350Â°F.
- Add the buttermilk, butter, salt and pepper to the cauliflower and purÃe with a hand blender. If you don't own a hand blender, a regular blender would work fine as well.
- Mix in 1 tbsp of the chives and transfer to 4 individual casseroles (3/4 cups each) or one 8 x 8 casserole dish and top with cheddar and crumbled bacon.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese melts, about 5 minutes then top with remaining chives.