Korean Beef Rice Bowls
Korean Beef Rice Bowls takes about 20 minutes to whip up, so quick and easy, loaded with flavor for under 400 calories!
I came up with this Korean beef rice bowl the other night and they tasted so DANG good I knew I had to share. Â I used to work 2 blocks away from Koreatown when I worked full-time in Manhattan and loved having lunch with co-workers in nearby restaurants. Since then, Korean food is becoming really popular with Korean restaurants popping up everywhere. Unfortunately not as popular here in Long Island (yet) so if I don't want to travel all the way to Manhattan I cook it myself.
One essential ingredient you will need is Gochujang sauce. It's a Korean condiment that's a little spicy and sweet, and has very distinct flavor only found in Korean cuisine. It also comes in a paste which requires you to thin it down. I useÂ Â since it's available in my local supermarket and it's ready-to-use, or buy it onÂ !
And I'm obsessed with frozen brown rice from Trader Joe's! It takes 3 minutes to heat up and the texture is perfect! If you live near a TJ's, it's a must!
Korean Beef Rice Bowls
These Korean Beef Rice Bowls make a quick and easy meal, loaded with flavor for under 400 calories!
- 1/4cuplow sodium soy sauce*
- 2teaspoonslight brown sugar
- 1teaspoonsesame oil
- 1/2teaspooncrushed red pepper flakes
- cooking spray
- 1pound93% lean ground beef
- 1/4cupchopped yellow onion
- 2garlic cloves, crushed
- 1teaspoonfresh grated ginger
- 3cupscooked brown rice
- 1small sliced cucumber, skin on
- 2tablespoons, or more if desired*
- 1/2tablespoonsesame seeds, plus more for topping
- 2sliced scallions, white and green parts
- *check labels for gluten-free
- Combine the soy sauce, 2 tablespoons water, brown sugar, sesame oil and red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
- Heat a large deep nonstick skillet over high heat, spray with oil and add the ground beef. Cook, breaking the meat up with a wooden spoon until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Add the onion, garlic and ginger and cook 1 minute.
- Pour the sauce over the beef, cover and simmer on low heat 10 minutes.
- To assemble the bowls, place 3/4 cup rice in each bowl, top with scant 2/3 cup beef, cucumbers, Gochujong, sesame seeds and scallions.
Serving: 1/4, Calories: 394kcal, Carbohydrates: 47g, Protein: 30g, Fat: 9g, Saturated Fat: 3g, Cholesterol: 70mg, Sodium: 807mg, Fiber: 4g, Sugar: 7g
Blue Smart Points: 10
Green Smart Points: 10
Purple Smart Points: 5
Points +: 10
Keywords: easy korean beef, korean beef, korean beef bowl, Korean Beef Rice Bowls, korean ground beef