One word... YUM!
I make Crock Pot Picadillo all the time in my house (Madison's number one request), and because it makes so much I like to get creative with my leftovers. I came up with this quesadilla for lunch one day and my husband said I should put it on the blog, so I thought with Cinco De Mayo coming, it would be fun to do some Cuban-Mexi fusion.
I made a really quick & easy Pico de Gallo to add along with the cheddar jack cheese, the results ' delicious!
For the quick Pico De Gallo:
- 1tbspchopped cilantro
- 1tbspchopped tomato
- 1tbspchopped scallion
- juice from 1/2 lime
For the quesadilla:
- cooking spray
- 2reduced-carb whole wheat flour tortillas
- 6tbspshredded reduced fat cheddar jack
- 1/2cupCrock Pot Picadillo, drained
- Combine the ingredients for the quick pico de gallo in a small bowl.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Spray the skillet with oil and add a tortilla.
- Brown about 2 minutes on each side, then spread 1/4 cup picadillo on half of the tortilla.
- Top with cheese and half of the pico de gallo, then fold and press down with a spatula. Cook 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until the cheese is melted and the tortilla is crisp.
- Remove from heat and cut in 3 pieces. Repeat with the remaining. Eat hot!