Buffalo Chicken Dip (Slow Cooker, Oven and Instant Pot Directions)
This Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Dip has everything you love about buffalo wings, only made into a dip ' the perfect party appetizer, no messy hands!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
It's perfect for sharing with friends and a must for your Superbowl party!! A few more favorite party appetizers are my Mini Bell Peppers Loaded Turkey “Nachos”, Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip, and Baked Buffalo Chicken Jalape' Poppers.
I've been making this buffalo chicken dip for years because it's always a hit when I serve it at any party. It's much lighter than most buffalo dip recipes out there, but you would never know! I first published this back in 2010, so this really needed some new photos to bring this recipe back to life! Serve it with celery, carrots, chips or crackers. If you are planning on serving a larger crowd, I highly recommend doubling the recipe, the cook time will remain the same.
How To Make Buffalo Chicken Dip
To bake this in the oven, you can use cooked shredded chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken, then mix all the ingredients and place them in a baking dish. Bake 350F until hot, about 20 to 25 minutes.
And since so many are asking, although I have and love my , I still love my slow cooker! I have theÂ (affil link). I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it's done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This slow cooker is so great, I actually own several!
More Buffalo Chicken Recipes:
- Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps
- Buffalo Chicken Strips
- Stuffed Buffalo Chicken Roll Ups
- Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2Â boneless skinless chicken breasts, 16 ounces
- 4oz1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia)
- 1cupfat-free sour cream or Greek yogurt, I prefer sour cream
- 1/2cupFranks red hot sauce, or whatever hot sauce you like
- 1/2cupcrumbled blue cheese
- 1teaspoonwhite vinegar
- scallions, optional for garnish
- cut up celery sticks and carrot sticks, for dipping
- To make the shredded chicken, place chicken in the slow cooker and add enough water or chicken broth to cover. Cook high 4 hours. Remove and shred with two forks, discard the liquid.
- Meanwhile, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, vinegar and hot sauce together until smooth. Add half of the blue cheese.
- Transfer to the slow cooker with the chicken, mixing well and return to the slow cooker, cook low 2 to 3 hours.
- Transfer to a serving dish and top with the remaining blue cheese, garnish with scallions. Serve hot.
- To bake this in the oven, you can use cooked shredded chicken breast from a rotisserie chicken, then mix all the ingredients and place them in a baking dish. Bake 350F until hot, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Instant Pot Method:
- Cook chicken covered in water or broth 15 min high pressure. Once you shred and drain set the instant pot to the slow cooker mode, combine ingredients and proceed.
Photo credit: Jess Larson