Cinnamon Apple Crisp
This easy, Cinnamon Apple Crisp recipe is perfect for fall, lightly sweetened with raisins and honey with a crisp, oat topping.
Apple Crisp Recipe
If you went apple picking and need ideas, this recipe is simple and won't set you back to many calories. For more recipes with apples, you may also like Apple Cobbler, Slow Cooker Apple Butter, Apple Scones, Slow Cooker Apple Sauce, just to name a few!
There's nothing quite like the smell of apples and cinnamon coming out of your oven on a crisp, fall day. This easy apple crisp recipe is a perfect fall dessert, when apples are in season.
My favorite desserts are crisps, cobblers and pie. Apple crisps are the easiest of them all, because the oat topping is simple. Some apple crisp recipes don't use oats, which is totally fine, but I love the crisp oat topping, plus oats are high in fiber, magnesium and antioxidants, so this dessert is actually good for you!
Best way to eat an apple crisp, in my opinion is warm topped with a very small scoop (about 1/4 cup) of vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, if you desire (my favorite way to eat it!). It's totally optional, and will add more calories.
Which apples are best for apple crisp?
Best answer, any apple you like! I personally like to use sweeter apples so I don't have to add too much sugar such as Honey Crisp or Gala.
How long is apple crisp good for?
You can store apple crisp room temperature for 1 to 2 days, refrigerated for up to 1 week, or frozen for 3 to 4 months. When refrigerated, you can eat it cold or pop it back in the oven set very, very low or in the microwave to get the chill out.
Variations and Tips
- If you're not a fan of raisins, you can omit them.
- To make it dairy free, sub the butter for coconut oil.
How To Make Apple Crisp
More Apple Dessert Recipes
Cinnamon Apple Crisp
For the Filling:
- 6medium apples, (honey crisp or gala) peeled and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1.5ouncesraisins, small box
- 3/4teaspoonground cinnamon
- 1teaspoonfresh lemon juice
For the Topping:
- 1cupquick oats, check labels for gluten-free
- 3tablespoonslight brown sugar, not packed
- 2 1/2tablespoonsbutter, melted
- Heat oven to 350F degrees.
- Combine apples, raisins, cinnamon, honey and lemon juice in large bowl.
- Sprinkle with cornstarch. Toss until fruit is coated.
- Place fruit in an ungreased baking dish. Cover with foil and bake15 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Mix the remaining topping ingredients. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake about 60 minutes or until topping is golden brown and fruit is tender.
Photo credit: Jess Larson