Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili Recipe
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili is an easy slow cooker dump recipe using freezer and pantry staples! This has been one of my most popular recipes since 2008!
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
Chicken Taco Chili is one of my favorite chili recipes! It's so good served in a bowl with multi-grain chips, topped with reduced fat cheddar cheese or avocados. This makes a lot and it is even better the next day for lunch. If you prefer the pressure cooker, you may enjoy my Instant Pot Chicken Taco Chili version instead. A great freezer-friendly meal!
The reason this recipe has been so popular on my website for all these years, it's easy prep, just dump it all in the slow cooker and come home to the most delicious meal the whole family will love! It also freezes well and the kids love it! Plus it makes a lot, so eat some for dinner tonight and freeze the rest for another night!
How To Freeze Chicken Taco Chili
Allow chili to come to room temperature and store in an airtight container or individual containers for up to 4 days in the refrigerator or up to 3 months in the freezer.
How To Use Leftover Chicken Taco Chili
Turn your leftovers into next-overs with these easy Chicken Taco Chili Stuffed Peppers!
And since so many are asking, although I have and love myÂ , I still love my slow cooker! I have theÂ Â (affil link). I love it because you can adjust the time you want it to cook, and it automatically turns to warm when it's done. It also has a probe for meat that automatically shuts off when done. I hated my old crock pot, it burnt everything and my food had a weird taste. This slow cooker is so great, I actually own several!
How To Make Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
More Easy Crock Pot Chicken Recipes:
- Crock Pot Santa Fe Chicken
- Slow Cooker Harrisa Chicken
- Crock Pot Sesame Honey Chicken
- Crock Pot Maple Dijon Chicken
- Crock Pot Chicken and Black Bean Taco Salad
Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili
- 1small onion, chopped
- 115.5 oz can black beans, drained
- 115.5 oz can kidney beans, drained
- 18 oz can tomato sauce
- 10ozpackage frozen corn kernels
- 210 oz cans diced tomatoes w/chilies
- 4ozcan chopped green chili peppers, chopped
- 1packet reduced sodium taco seasoning or homemade, see below
- 1tbspchili powder
- 24oz3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4cupchopped fresh cilantro
To make your own taco seasoning, omit the packet, cumin and chili powder above and use below instead:
- 1 1/2tablespoonscumin
- 1 1/2tablespoonschili powder
- 1/4teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/4teaspoononion powder
- 1/4teaspoondried oregano
- 1teaspoonkosher salt
- 1/2teaspoonblack pepper
- Combine beans, onion, chili peppers, corn, tomato sauce, diced tomato, cumin, chili powder and taco seasoning in a slow cooker and mix well.
- NestleÂ the chicken in to completely cover and cookÂ on LOW for 8 to 10 hours or on HIGH for 4 to 6 hours.
- Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred.
- Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in.
- Top with fresh cilantro and your favorite toppings!