Mixed Baby Greens and Arugula with Blackberries and Pecans
This is an elegant salad full of antioxidants, fiber and vitamin E and C. Baby greens and arugula tossed with pecans and berries is a nice light salad to complement a meal. This salad relies on different textures rather than fat for flavor. Sweet, crunchy pecans, peppery arugula, and juicy berries all complimented with a light vinaigrette.
Mixed Baby Greens with Blackberries, Pecans and Champagne Vinaigrette
- 1large bunch mixed baby greens
- 1medium bunch arugula
- 1package blackberries
- 30pecan halves
For the vinaigrette:
- 2tbspChampagne vinegar
- kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6tbspextra-virgin olive oil
- For the dressing, place vinegar in a non reactive mixing bowl with basil, salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle the olive oil in a slow stream, whisking until the oil is emulsified.
- Toss the washed mixed greens with the vinaigrette.
- Sprinkle with blackberries and pecans and serve.