- Ragi Idli Batter – 2 cups
- Oil – for frying
- Onion – 1 (finely chopped)
- Green Chili – 1 (finely chopped)
- Curry Leaves – 2 springs (finely chopped)
- Oil – 2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Channa dal – 1 tsp
- Urad dal – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Grated coconut
- Grated Carrot
Ingredients for ragi batter:
- Idli rice or parboiled rice – 1 cup
- Urad dal or husk black gram – ½ cup
- Poha – ¼ cup
- Ragi flour or finger millet flour – 1 cup
- Methi seed – ¼ tsp
- Water as per need
- Salt as per taste
- Oil as required
Ragi batter preparation:
- Rinse and soak the poha and rice for 4 to 5 hour.
- Rinse and soak the urad daal with fenugreek seed for 4-5 hour.
- Drain the rice and poha then grind it wet grinder and make a fine batter with little water.
- Pour the batter in a deep bowl.
- Now drain the urad daal with fenugreek seed and grind it. Put this batter in same big bowl.
- Now add ragi flour in the batter and mix well and make fine batter with dosa consistency.
- Now add salt and cover the bowl with a lid.
- Now keep the batter overnight so that it gets fermented and ready Ragi Kuzhipaniyaram.
- Start by heating a pan with little oil and add mustard seeds, channa dal, urad dal asafetida. Wait till the mustard seeds start cracking.
- Now add chopped onion, curry leaves, chopped green chillies, now sauté it for some time.
- Now add the tempering to the ragi batter and mix well, now add grated carrot and coconut to the batter.
- Now heat up the pancake griddle on medium flame, now a few drops of oil in each hole and pour enough batter on the griddle and let cook it on medium flame.
- Now flip the paniyarams with the help of a fork.
- Drop some extra oil, if you want to make it crispy.
- Cook the paniyarams , till both the sides get brown color.