Above is an another method by fatty2slim
Tamil Recipes Kozhi Kulambu is a spicy and hot curry. But the amount of chili powder affects the degree of spiciness so you can adjust according to our taste. This curry must be made with chicken and bones. It is better that you buy the whole chicken and cut into pieces. That is what will give you the chicken flavor. If you use bones or breast meat of chicken you will be disappointed.
- Whole Chicken 2 lbs
- Onion 1 cup
- Tomato 1 cup
- Red Chili powder 4 tsp
- Green Chili 2 slit
- Ginger 1 tsp
- Garlic 1 tsp very finely chopped into small pieces
- Turmeric powder 2 tsp
- Fennel powder 2 tsp
- Oil 1 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Marinate the small pieces of the cut chicken with 2 tsp turmeric, 2 tsp red chili powder and 2 tsp of salt for at least about half an hour, preferably longer time
- Use half cup of onions, 1/2 cup tomato, 1 tsp red chili powder, 1 tsp fennel powder and 1 green chili and grind them in a blender to make a masal paste and keep it aside
- Use a pressure cooker to cook the rest of the onion, tomato, green chili slit, 1 tsp fennel powder, 1 tsp turmeric and 1 tsp red chili powder and fry well adding little bit of water if it dries up or sticks
- Now you can add ginger and garlic finely chopped mix and fry again well
- Now add the ground masala paste of onions, tomato, red chili, turmeric, fennel powder and green chili and mix them to the curry
- Finally add the marinated chicken pieces and stir fry them really well for about a minute
- Add 4 cups of water, close lid of the pressure cooker and lay the weight on. Let it cook for about 5 minutes after the steam and turn off.
- Wait to cool down. Remove the weight and lid and pour it to a serving bowl and it is ready to eat with hot white rice, idli or Dosa or chapatis.