Tamil Recipes Idli is the most common and simple breakfast menu for south Indians. They are easy to make and takes a very little amount of time. It is also simple to prepare before the night ferment and use in the morning.
An alternate method-Youtbne video from ShowMeTheCurry is useful to watch.
It is great for many people in a household as well as for a small house hold and it takes the same amount of time to prepare and serve hot and wholesome and easily digestible.
Or try this
- Rice (Boiled/Idli rice) 4 cups
- Urid Dal 1 ½ cup
Salt 2 tsp
- Rinse and clean rice and urid dal thoroughly
- Soak them together in water for about 4-6 hours
- In a grinder or blender grind them together for about 25-20 minutes till soft
- Remove and keep them in a large bowl and mix with salt
- This will have to be fermented over night. In the morning it well be fermented and raise to the brim
- Use special idli hollow trays to steam wither cooker for 3 minutes
- They are served with traditional sambar and chutney or ghee or gingley oil with idli mix