- Powdered rice – 1 cup
- Maida or All Purpose Flour- 1/4 cup
- Sugar – 1/2 cup
- Coconut Milk – 1/2 cup
- Egg – 1 or coconut milk
- Salt – a pinch
- Oil – for deep frying
- sesame seeds( black or white) – 1 tsp
- Take a blender and add powdered rice, all purpose Maida flour, coconut milk, egg, salt and oil and sugar. Blend the entire ingredient to make a fine batter.
- Now, take out batter in a bowl and add 1 tsp of sesame seeds and mix it well into the batter.
- The consistency of the batter should be like dosa batter otherwise mould would not able to hold the batter.
- Now, take a wide wok (kadai) then leave the murukku mould in the kadai.
- When the murukku mould is hot enough, then dip it in the batter and fill 80% of the mould so that it get some space and come off the mould easily.
- Now gently hold the mould inside the oil.
- After a few minute with the help of a spoon or knife release the gulabi cooky into the oil.
- Let it be in oil till the bubbling of the oil subsides.
- Turn the cooky upside down so that both the side gets golden color.
- Keep the mould in hot oil so that it gets ready or next murukku.
- If you want to make an Eggless batter, then ignore egg and add extra coconut milk to make a fine batter.
- Oil the murukku batter and leave it for 1-2 days, this will help in making murukku with ease.