- Rice – 1 cup
- Pigeon pea – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Green gram (mung) – 1 ½ tablespoon
- Black gram 1 ½ tablespoon
- Split bengal gram – ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Coconut milk – 3 tablespoon (it is optional)
- Finely chopped Curry leaf – 6
- Black pepper – ¼ teaspoon
- Red Dry chili – 11
- To start with, this dish you have to first soak pigeon pea, green gram, rice, Bengal gram, black gram along with red dry chili in water for minimum 3 hour.
- Now you have to grind these ingredients into a thick batter and keep it aside for the next 1 hour.
- Now you have to mix crushed black pepper powder as it provides a nice spicy taste.
- Now add salt, chopped curry leaves coconut milk (optional) and now beat well so that everything gets mixed well.
- Now heat up nonstick tawa or dosa tawa (skillet) and coat it with oil.
- Now pour batter into the centre of the taw, and slowly spread it equally with spoon in round shape.
- Now wait for some time when one side gets golden then flip it to another side and cook it for some time then remove it from the heat and serve hot.
- This is very filing dish and taste best with chutney.