- Broccoli – 1 crown
- Potatoes – 2 or 3
- Turmeric Powder – 1/4 tsp
- Red Chili Powder – 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder – 1/4 tsp
- onions or ginger garlic paste- 1 tsp
- Asafoetida (Hing) – a Pinch
- Salt To Taste
- Oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/4 tsp
- Cumin (or Fennel) seeds – 1/2 tsp
- Start with washing the broccoli crown and chop it into small pieces. If you like, you can even use the stem of the broccoli.
- Peel of the potato skin, wash it and chop it into medium cubes, try to make same size as the broccoli.
chop onion into small pieces and keep aside
- Now Heat oil in the wok and add mustard seeds. When it begins to sputter, add the fennel seeds.
- Add onions and ginger garlic paste and sauté for a while.
- Add the chopped potatoes along with salt and a pinch of turmeric.
- Stir fry the potatoes in medium flame and cover it till they are half-cooked. Do not use any water when frying potato.
- When the potatoes are half done, it is time to add the broccoli florets. Stir fry in medium flame for 5 minutes till the broccoli turns dark green.
- Now add the red chili powder, cumin powder, and asafetida. Reduce the heat and cook for another 2-3 minutes.