- Warm water- ½ cup
- Salt – to taste
- Oil – ½ cup
- Maida (all purpose flour)- 2 cup
- To make prefect Barotta, you have to prepare dough perfectly, otherwise your barotta might not feel softer.
- You have to start with mixing the all purpose flour with little salt and then you have to knead it with warm water and make firm
- Now, once your dough is ready, then cover it with a wet kitchen towel, and keep it aside for 1/2 – 1 hour.
- Now again knead the dough with 2-3 tblsp of oil. Knead the dough for next 10-15 minutes, so that dough gets a soft and elastic touch.
- Now divide the dough into small balls.
- Now you have to roll it out into a very thin layer. Do not use any flour for rolling out the dough.
- It is time to apply little oil on the rolled out dough. Now start folding the dough like a saree pleats, keep oiling the dough meanwhile.
- Now tap the dough so that it gets expanded and stretch the dough lengthwise.
- Start rolling the dough from both the side, when it meets in the center, place one side of the roll on top of the other.
- Heat up a tawa on medium flame and fry these tasty Barotta with enough oil.
Serve this delicious barotta with chicken gravy or vegetable gravy dish.