Tamil Recipes Poori is a breakfast item as well for all Tamil and south Indian people.
I like above poori demo by ShowMeTheCurry. It is actually a north Indian dish that we have developed here in Tamilnadu. It is a puffed up pastry kind of hollow four bread. It is eaten with many side dishes and in South India Tamil people use potato and onion pachadi.
- Wheat Flour ½ Cup
- Maida Flour ½ Cup
- Salt to Taste
- Oil 2 or 3 cups
- In a large bowl add Maida flour, oil, salt and little water and mix and knead it well
- While kneading be careful not to add too much water as it will spoil the outcome of poori, just little by little to knead without sticking
- You can keep it aside and cover with a lid
- After 15 or 30 minutes take the dough out and make 2 inch diameter sized balls out it.
- Now you have to flatten the balls one by one as a disc by using a rolling pin. Make it thin as much as you can to get the best poori.
- Now comes the last part of frying them.
- Heat the oil well and in few minutes reduce to medium and drop the poori one by one or two depending on the size of your pan just turn it as soon as it puffs up and quickly remove it before it hardens.
- Keep a vessel lined with paper towels to take the excess oil and drop them on to it.
- Now serve them after frying all of them with potato onion patchadi