- Lady Fingers -1/2 kg cut into cubes
- Small onion – 6-7 Sliced
- Tomato -1 chopped
- Garlic Sliced-3-4 pods
- Curry leaves-1 string
- Mustard seeds-1/2 tsp
- Tamarind water- ½ cup
- Sambar powder -1 1/2 tsp
- Methi seeds- ¼ tsp
- Oil-2 tbsp
- Turmeric-couple pinches
- Salt to taste
- Start by heating up a wok (kadai) then add mustard seeds, methi seeds and curry leaves.
- Now add okra, sliced onion and garlic, sauté for some time so that everything gets mixed well.
- Now add chopped tomato and add salt, turmeric powder, and sambhar powder, sauté the mix for a few minute.
- Now add the tamarind water to the mix.
- Now it takes 10-15 minutes to get cooked nicely, keep the flame on medium and wait till oil gets separated.
- Serve it with steamed rice and dosa or chapatti.
- You can also make same gravy with any other vegetable of your choice.
- You can even add a ground coconut paste to give it a rich texture.
Lady finger and Tamarind Curry