Tamil Recipes Kushka is made of Basmati Rice The type of rice is important. I recommend Basmati. It is the best for biryani. It brings out the aroma and flavor of biryani. You can smell the even before it’s done a block away! Some important factors will determine the quality like a vegetable biryani you cook.
- Basmati Rice 4 cups
- water 8 cups
- Green chili 6
- Ginger 2 inches
- Garlic 4 pods
- Mint ½ cup
- Oil 1 cup
- Cilantro ¼ cup
- Cardamom 4
- Cinnamon 2 inche
- Cloves 5
- Onions 2 cups
- Salt to taste
- Here is the Kushka Recipe method. Rinse the rice and clean it up
- Use a blender and put green chilies, ginger, garlic, mint and cilantro together and grind to paste
- For this a pressure cooker is what I use. Heat oil in the Cooker and when it is hot add onions and fry till golden brown. Now add all the pieces of spices
- Then add rice and water to it. cook for 5 minutes on high and then another 5 minutes on low without the weight
- Wait for all the steam to subside before opening. When you open it mix it well for all the ingredients to merge and then the flavor will come out.
- It may be difficult to mix it in the cooker if so transfer the contents to a large and wide container and then mix.
- The best combination for this would be onions, green chili, tomato, cucumber, salt and yogurt salad.
- It is also a good idea to have a good curry to pour or mix with it like vegetable Korma or if you non vegetarian a chicken or mutton curry will bean excellent side dish