Above recipes by ChefTips
- Prawns (rratu) 2 pounds
- Onion 1 medium
- Extra virgin olive oil 2 tablespoons
- Garlic minced 20-25 cloves
- salt to taste
- Green chili 4
- Pepper 2 teaspoon
- Red chili powder 2 teaspoon
- green chili 2
- To make Kara Rratu Poriyal recipe marinate prawns with red chili powder, turmeric powder and salt for 1 hour
- Cut onions, green chili fine.
- Saute garlic first with green chili. Add onion and sauté for 2 minutes
- Pour oil in a frying pan and heat well. Drop the marinated prawns to fit the pan, you may have to do two or three batches depending on the size of your pan.
- Once it turns golden brown take them out and place them in a bowl lined with paper towel to soak extra oil
- Serve hot with rice or as snacks
Prawns and shrimp appearance alike and seem very similar, numerous people take advantage of the provisions interchangeably, usually referring to lighter varieties since shrimp and additionally bigger ones because prawns, says Craig Collins, farm manager of Wilderness Sweet Shrimp.
But prawns can be little and additionally shrimp can feel big. The greatest method to tell the real difference will be to check out the pets abdomen right before it is been peeled or perhaps deveined, says Darlene Crist, media relationships representative for the Census of Marine Life. Check out during the bottom of the tail and also pay out careful interest to the 2nd plate. For a shrimp the 2nd plate overlaps the very first and additionally third plates, however on a prawn the 2nd plate only overlap the last plate.
Though each prawns and shrimp are really crustaceans belonging to the Decapoda purchase, the couple are employees of different suborders: Prawns belong to the Dendrobranchiata suborder, and additionally shrimp to the Pleocyemata. In addition to the slight variation in image, their reproductive designs vary.
Kara Rratu Poriyal Recipe