Taco Salad Meal Prep
This delicious Turkey Taco Salad is perfect to meal prep, to make ahead for lunch for the week!
Taco Salad Meal Prep
I took my easy, go-to turkey taco recipe and turned it into this easy meal prep lunch. The whole thing comes together in under 30 minutes, start to finish. If you've been following my free meal plans, you probably know I've been incorporating more meal prep recipes in them, recipes you can make once that can be served for the week.
Last week I took a poll on my Instagram stories to see what type of healthy meal prep lunches you would like to see for 2019, and it varied greatly from cold and hot lunches, and everything from balanced meals that include grains to keto, low-carb, whole30 and more. So, I will incorporate all of the above in the coming month. Feel free to leave your suggestions in the comments!
How To Make Turkey Taco Salad:
The easiest way to pack this lunch, is to keep the greens separate so you can heat up the turkey without heating up the rest. Then refrigerate everything so you can grab one in the morning before heading out the door! If you want to keep this whole30, omit the cheese and swap it for avocado. Of course, this can also be served for dinner if you wish!
- Add black or pinto beans for more protein.
- Add crushed tortilla chips on top for texture.
- Swap the cheese for avocado to keep it dairy free.
More Meal Prep Ideas:
- Greek Chickpea Salad
- Overnight Oats in a Jar
- Protein Egg and Quinoa Jars
- Meal Prep Breakfast Taco Scramble
- Loaded Baked Omelet Muffins
Meal Prep Taco Salad
- 1/2cupjarred mild salsa
- 4teaspoonsextra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lime
- 1lb93% ground turkey
- 1teaspoongarlic powder
- 1teaspoonkosher salt
- 1/2teaspoonchili powder
- 1/2small onion, minced
- 2tablespoonsbell pepper, minced
- 4ouncescanned tomato sauce, 1/2 can
For the Salad:
- 6cupschopped romaine lettuce
- 1cuppico de gallo
- 1/2cupshredded cheddar
- 4lime wedges, for serving
- optional greek yogurt or sour cream
- Brown the turkey in a large skillet breaking it into smaller pieces as it cooks.
- When no longer pink add dry seasoning and mix well.
- Add the onion, pepper, water and tomato sauce and cover.
- Simmer on low for about 20 minutes.
- Divide the meat equally between the 4 meal prep containers.
- Meanwhile, while the meat is cooking, make the dressing: combine the salsa, olive oil and lime juice; transfer to 4 small containers.
- Divide the lettuce in 4 ziplock bags.
- Divide pico de gallo, sour cream or yogurt, if using and cheese in small containers. Cover and refrigerate.
- To serve, remove the lettuce and containers, heat the meat then make a salad by placing the lettuce in a bowl or plate.
- Top with the meat, pico de gallo, cheese and finish with dressing.