Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
Baked or made in the air fryer, these healthy sweet potato fries are made with a fraction of the oil that would be used if deep frying. They are so much lighter, with the perfect balance of spicy, smoky and sweet. A keeper of a sweet potato recipe!
Air Fryer Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
Whether you make them in the oven, or in the air fryer, the results are fantastic. If you prefer milder fries, swap the chipotle for chili powder.
Baked Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries
- 1medium sweet potato, (about 6 ounces) peeled
- 1teaspoonolive oil
- 1/4teaspoonkosher salt
- 1/4teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/4teaspoonground chipotle chile powder
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- In a medium bowl, toss sweet potatoes with olive oil, salt, garlic powder and chipotle chile powder.
- Spread potatoes on a baking sheet. Avoid crowding so potatoes get crisp. Bake 15 minutes. Turn and bake an additional 10-15 minutes. Ovens may vary so keep an eye on them and be sure to cut all the potatoes the same size to ensure even cooking.
Air Fryer Method:
- Preheat air fryer toÂ 400Â°F.
- Slice the potato intoÂ even 1/4 inch thick fries. Toss with oil, salt, garlic powder, andÂ chipotle chile powder.
- Transfer to the air fryer basket, spritz the top with olive oil then cook 400FÂ in a single layer without overcrowding the basket until golden brown and crispÂ on the outside, about 7 to 8 minutes, turning half way.