Vegetarian Mushroom Kale Lasagna Rolls
Mushroom Kale Lasagna Rolls are one of the tastiest ways to enjoy kale! They are quick, easy and perfectly portioned.
Mushroom Kale Lasagna Rolls
These rolls are a deliciously cheesy meatless meal that is sure to be a hit in your house. The individual rolls help keep portion sizes in check. One roll served with a salad makes the perfect meal. They're great to freeze too. A few lasagna roll variations I love are these Spinach Lasagna Rolls,Â Three Cheese Zucchini Stuffed Lasagna Rolls,Â andÂ Butternut Squash and Spinach Lasagna Rolls. See more vegetarian recipes like this.
How to Freeze Lasagna Rolls:
These mushroom lasagna rolls are perfect for freezing and then pulling out on a night when you don't have time to cook. You can freeze these two different ways:
- Individually Frozen Lasagna Roll Ups
After rolling up the noodles, put them on a baking tray to flash freeze. Once frozen, put in a zip-locked bag. To bake, put however many rolls you'd like into a baking dish with sauce on the bottom. Spoon more sauce over the noodles and top each with one tablespoon of mozzarella. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees for one hour.
- Lasagna Roll Ups Frozen in a Casserole Dish
Freeze all the rolls in a baking dish covered with foil. To serve, thaw in the refrigerator for 36-48 hours and then follow the baking directions as written. You can also bake these from frozen but will need to increase the baking time to one hour.
Lasagna Roll Up Variations and Tips:
- Sub spinach for the kale.
- You can chop up the mushrooms with the kale in the food processor if you prefer.
- I recommend covering the dish with foil while baking so that the lasagna rolls don't get crispy. To prevent the foil from sticking, tent the foil over the baking dish so that it's not touching the noodles. You can also spray the foil with baking spray or lay parchment paper over the rolls and then cover with foil.
More Lasagna Recipes You'll Love:
- Chicken Parmesan Lasagna
- Lasagna Soup
- Noodle-less Butternut Sausage Lasagna
- Veggie Lasagna Zucchini Boats
- Veggie Lasagna Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms
Mushroom Kale Lasagna Rolls
- 109 oz dry lasagna noodles, cooked
- 2 1/2cupsmarinara sauce
- 5cupskale, stems removed, chopped fine
- 8ozmushrooms, chopped fine
- 1tspolive oil
- 2clovesgarlic, chopped
- 15ozpart skim ricotta cheese, I like Polly-o
- 1/2cupgrated Parmesan cheese
- 1egg, whisked
- salt and fresh pepper
- 3oz10 tbsp part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Ladle about 1 cup sauce on the bottom of a 9 x 12 baking dish.
- Place kale in a food processor and pulse a few times until chopped.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add garlic and sautÃ until golden, about a minute. Add kale, salt and pepper and sautÃ about 5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms to the pan, cook until soft, an additional 5-6 minutes. Adjust salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine cooked kale, mushrooms, ricotta, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Place a piece of wax paper on the counter and lay out cooked lasagna noodles. Make sure noodles are dry.
- Take 1/3 cup of mushroom kale mixture and spread evenly over noodle. Roll carefully and place seam side down onto the baking dish. Repeat with remaining noodles.
- Ladle 1 cup of sauce over the noodles in the baking dish and top each one with 1 tbsp mozzarella cheese. Put foil over baking dish and bake for 40 minutes, until cheese melts.
- Makes 10 rolls. Serve with extra sauce on the side.